Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Roku is looking for an Office manager to help run Roku’s office in Aarhus, Denmark You will take responsibility for a wide range of areas including facilities management, travel arrangements and day to day administrative duties. This is a great opportunity to make a significant impact on the office environment, This role is more than administrative.
Roku’s Denmark office is focused on R&D around the company’s whole home licensing program which enables OEM brands to license Roku Connect software to enable AV devices to connect into the Roku ecosystem.
The role includes:
- Serve as the main “go-to” person for a rapidly growing team and help out where necessary.
- Analyse and organize office operations and procedures such as preparation of information management, filing systems, requisitioning of supplies and services as well as maximizing office productivity.
- Purchase of office supplies and furniture in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgets.
- Provide oversight and responsibility for the office environment ensuring that all fixtures are in working order and office appearance is kept to standards.
- Facilitate liaison relationship with the building management company
- Coordination of regulatory requirements
- Help on board new employees and perform staffing coordination duties.
- Provide administrative support to management team to include travel support and expense reports.
- Occasionally assist with meal orders, kitchen stocking, and meal cleanup after crunch or VIP meetings, and stock office supplies.
- Greet VIPs and other visitors as needed; escort them to appropriate meeting rooms and provide them with amenities as desired.
- Manage office deliveries: mail, FedEx/UPS.
- Track and manage any local NDAs.
- Manage security access.
- Plan and coordinate company events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience with detail-oriented administrative work required.
- Efficient team player that engages, supports, and encourages colleagues and drives toward a cooperative, cohesive team dynamic.
- Amenable: Strong customer service orientation and extraordinary attention to detail; holds an innate desire to anticipate and fill needs and excels at managing details.
- Highly self-motivated, persistent, dependable, and self-sufficient.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in Outlook and Word, with additional competencies in Excel and PowerPoint desirable.
- Experience coordinating calendars and complex, rapidly changing travel itineraries (to include international travel).
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to follow-through.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Takes initiative and goes beyond established framework; looks for new ideas and creative solutions to overcome challenges.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as duties require.
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed