- Job number 728045
- Date posted Oct 28, 2019
- Travel 50-75 %
- Profession Business Development & Strategy
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Industries are digitally transforming and the Industry Technology Strategist (ITS) role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey with our customers. The goal of the Industry Technology Strategist (ITS) is leading industry digital transformation engagements and opportunities with Microsoft’s Government and Health customers in Western Europe, with deep industry knowledge and experience.
This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with Microsoft’s top customers, with deep engagement and understanding of the industry business issues and strategic challenges.
ITS is a thought leader and a trusted advisor, understands the customer's business, industry, priorities, focuses on improving customer's time-to-value by driving key cloud projects on any of 3 Microsoft clouds, drives growth working with customer to build their industry technology strategy and build innovative partnerships.
This role will own the Advanced Analytics and AI technical scenarios for Government and Health including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive the deployment of industry solutions based on all three Microsoft Clouds and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers for customers.
- Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption for specific Data & AI scenarios for Government & Health, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
- Establish deep relationships with key OT/IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption.
- Create and leverage network of stakeholders (i.e. Engineering teams, GBB’s,…) in Analytics & AI to enrich portfolio of Data & AI capabilities and solutions for Government & Health in WE.
- Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization. Key role in coaching local teams on adopting and deploying these solutions.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; having a special focus and mastering key topics for Government such as facial recognition, ethics and AI, etc.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers, who drive long-term data platform adoption within their organization as means to resolve business problems.
- Drive the deployment of customer workloads onto Azure Data Services and machine learning to increase their consumption of the Azure AI Platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Coach customer departments to become certified in the required Advanced Analytics and AI technical certifications.
- Deep understanding of data platform technologies, big data, advanced analytics tools, and emerging Machine Learning (ML) trends.
- 5+ years of experience implementing and deploying complex, business critical industry solutions in public sector customers (Government & Health) including success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications including experience in design, implementation, and/or support of complex Machine Learning applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data manipulation, structured and unstructured data, applying clustering, classification, prediction techniques including traditional ML and deep learning etc.).
- Working knowledge of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away