The Bacterial Synthetic Biology section at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability is seeking a talented immunologist to work on development of new immune modulatory therapeutic strategies using microbiome engineering.
The overall project is focused on the using synthetic biology to engineer microbes and microbiomes for therapeutic purposes. The competences in the laboratory, led by Professor Morten Sommer, are focused on microbial cell engineering and microbiome analysis. However, due to the increasing focus on microbial therapeutics for modulating the immune system we are seeking an immunologist to join our team.
Responsibilities and tasks
The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Identification of relevant points of intervention of the immune system
- Development of therapeutic strategies for modulating the immune system using microbial therapies
- Establishment and maintenance of in vitro immunoprofiling assays
- Execution of in vitro and in vivo studies to test therapeutic modalities
The immunologist will work in a highly motivated team of +10 researchers striving to develop new therapeutic strategies harnessing the microbiome.
Qualifications A qualified candidate has:
- A PhD degree (or equivalent) in immunology
- Strong track record within immunology research
- Industrial drug development experience (optional)
- Highly motivated by the potential of microbiome engineering for treatment of human diseases.
- Hard working and dedicated to their work
- Team player with a desire to help his/her colleagues succeed
- Strong writing and communication skills
What we offer
- Exciting research area with the potential to develop new therapeutic modalities
- Collaborative, hard-working and friendly work environment
- Well-resourced laboratory
- Entrepreneurial environment
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointments will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The period of employment is 2 years.
Expected starting date: Flexible.
Application and contact Please submit your online application no later than 15 August 2019 (local time). Open the 'Apply online' link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV, exam certificates and other relevant documents.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Professor Morten Sommer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Biosustain at www.biosustain.dtu.dk. http://www.biosustain.dtu.dk/
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability is a DTU research and innovation center established in 2011 on par with the other departments at the DTU. Today, The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability is a multi-site operation with over 200 people associated and is still growing. The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability is housed in a very new building placed on main campus Lyngby specifically designed to meet the Center needs.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies. Ansøg nu