Job-Link is looking for a Senior Project Planner for a Customer in Norway. The workplace will be in Norway.
Our Customer delivers a comprehensive range of solutions – from maintenance and upgrade services to project delivery. This includes design, planning, building, installing and securing the operation of power and communication networks for a more sustainable and connected world today and for future generations.
As Senior Project Planner you will be responsible for leading and coordinating all planning and scheduling activities for our customers project. This includes the development and maintenance of an optimized time and cost schedule throughout the project. The planner shall be responsible to perform cost-benefit analysis to evaluate alternative schedule paths i.e. to perform time studies for production optimization to leverage overall project performance.
- Ensure a documented Planning Process aligned with the Project Excellence framework is implemented, in use and strictly followed throughout the project execution.
- Secure all essential work activities have been identified in sufficient detail by analyzing project planning requirements together with project team.
- Define project work and cost breakdown structure, develop and maintain those with proper links. Ensure resource load is integrated for providing time phased baseline with actual data and forecast data in project plan.
- Monitor and update project progress with regularly analyze of the project critical path. Notify Project Team of any deviations, upcoming milestones or scheduling issues. Provide input for optimizing resources and the order of which project tasks are performed.
- Performs cost-benefit analysis to evaluate alternative schedule paths.
- Develop daily/weekly operational key performance indicators together with project management
- Develop productivity and cost reduction measurements
- Perform analytic studies for production process optimization of activities to improve overall project performance.
- Elaborate internal and external reports supported by project planning tools on a regular basis as requested.
- Ensure project changes are prepared and implemented in the project plan for evaluation and realization reflecting the change impact on workload and other cost elements. Ensure this information is integrated as part of the change order/notification for the commercial processing. As main contractor the project plans both changes towards client and the project subcontractors.
Secondary responsible activities
- Offer necessary project planning training to the project team.
- Support the development of an operational excellence approach.
- Secure prosper work environment through constructive cross team collaboration.
- Share experience with benchmarking of best practices.
- Promote ethical behavior as a way of business life throughout the company
- Develop and maintain a team working environment
- High analytical capability and ability to see and optimize logical project sequences
- Thorough understanding of logical sequencing and interfacing of project execution activities in EPC projects.
- Ability to lead planning activities in multi-location EPC projects
- Strong communication skills, ability to highlight key issues and to communicate them to team members, management and customers.
- Business mindset and flexibility
- High degree of intercultural sensitivity and integrity
- Ability to positively influence outcomes in challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines especially in stressful situations
- Solid understanding of customer needs and site operation needs in EPC-projects
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence people, building trust and credibility
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage and motivate a team
- High level of drive and determination to achieve goals and targets
- Ability to develop a clear understanding of internal and external customer service/product needs
- Ability to conduct business in an ethical manner
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad and international team
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills.
- Computer systems literacy is essential:
- Advanced MS Project skills, to develop and maintain necessary project schedules on production level for the entire project
- Advanced MS Excell skills, to develop cost-benefit analysis and production optimization
- Good skills in other MS office applications, such as Word & PowerPoint
- Skills in IFS ERP-system is beneficial
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Task and system focused
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Able to relate to and liaise with persons at all levels within the internal organization and our customers
- 10-15 years of experience within major EPC/Construction projects or similar, preferably in the Power Transmission and Distribution industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in planning and scheduling of BoQ based EPC-projects, including site construction activities
- Experience to plan activities and to monitor execution schedules and physical progress in all project phases
- Experience from Cost Management, including cost estimate input from departments, compare estimate input to experience data, ensure compliance with time schedule
- Experience from performing time studies and construction process optimization activities
- 5-10 years on-site experience is beneficial
- Good contract understanding of EPC-contracts is beneficial
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of twelve (12) years professional experience with at least five (5) years working experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), Construction or Energy projects business
- Master's degree and a minimum of ten (10) years professional experience with at least five (5) years working experience in Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC), Construction or Energy projects business
- Fluent in English - both oral and written
Microsoft® Project Orange Belt® 2016 certification level or higher
We offer a temp position for a half or one year depending on your qualifications and situation.
You will get a job in a leading northern European company, that provides technical services for power and communication networks.
The position will be based minimum 3 weeks/month (appr 5 working days/week) on site in Northern Norway.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV on the link “Søg Stillingen”. We are looking forward to hearing from you.Ansøg nu